CAROLINA BEACH, NC (WECT) - Carolina Beach residents and community members surpassed the amount of material donations needed for the families displaced by the several fires in Carolina Beach.
Volunteers said the amount of donations is nothing short of overwhelming.
"Pleasure Island is really a family. This tragedy has really proved that," said Carolina Beach Resident Suzy Albert.
According to members of the Pleasure Island Disaster Relief Fund, the organization is only collecting monetary donations as of Monday night. They have set a goal of $100,000 after assessing the needs of the families.
1) Coastal Carolina Carwash at Carolina Beach donating two dollars for every carwash to the Pleasure Island Fire Relief Fund for the rest of December.
2) Oasis NC collecting donations
3) Wake N Bake Donuts, 10% of sales from Wake N Bake Donuts
4) Younique by Tracey Ames, 25% of sales for the month of December
5) Stella and Dot by Suzy Albert, 25% of sales
6) Michael's Seafood, 20% of sales
1) First Citizens Bank in Wilmington or on Pleasure Island has set up a fund for donations
2) Pleasure Island Disaster Relief Fund "PayPal" button
3) Carolina Beach Town Hall accepting monetary donations
4) P.O. Box 1743 Carolina Beach, NC 28428