East End kitchen fire displaces 2 people, family pet rescued - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

East End kitchen fire displaces 2 people, family pet rescued

Source: Henrico Fire Department Source: Henrico Fire Department
HENRICO, VA (WWBT) -

Two people have been displaced after a house fire in Henrico's East End.

The fire started around 5:34 a.m. Saturday in the 200 block of Glinhurst Rd. Crews say an unattended stove lead to a grease fire that caused significant damage to the kitchen and smoke damage through the home.

Two people were evacuated from the home. Crews were able to rescue the family dog. No one was injured during the fire.

The residents will be displaced while the home is repaired.

Copyright 2014 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved

Powered by Frankly