Faulty fan switch causes early morning fire - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

Faulty fan switch causes early morning fire

Posted: Updated:
Investigators determined a malfunctioning fan switch ignited the fire at 3924 US Highway 117 S. Investigators determined a malfunctioning fan switch ignited the fire at 3924 US Highway 117 S.
PENDER COUNTY, NC (WECT) -

Officials responded to house fire on Highway 117 S. just outside of Burgaw around early Friday.

According to the Emergency Management Office in Pender County, the fire broke out at the home at 3924 US Highway 117 S. just after 6 a.m.

First responders arrived and found that the fire was contained to one upstairs bedroom.

Officials say that residents were in the home at the time of the fire, but were able to get out safely.

Investigators determined that a malfunction in a fan switch in the room was the cause of the fire.

There are no reports of any injuries resulting from the fire.

Copyright 2014 WECT. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow