Crews responded to a gas leak at a restaurant parking lot in Murfreesboro on Tuesday morning.
The Murfreesboro Fire Department says crews discovered a tanker truck was leaking argon, a liquid refrigerant, in the overflow parking lot for Cracker Barrel on Chaffin Place.
They were able to track down the driver of the truck, who was able to open a valve to stop the leak.
Capt. Joe Barrett said in a news release that the gas can be dangerous if it gets into a water system, is continuously inhaled or comes into contact with skin.
Officials say no one was injured in the incident and the gas did not enter any waterways.
Traffic was shut down for 300 feet in all directions and one side of a nearby Motel 8 was evacuated as a precaution.
The surrounding roads have since reopened and all hotel guests were able to return to the building.
Copyright 2014 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
322 Shipyard Boulevard