Issues identified in the 2008 facility study:
• Station 3 lacks adequate interior space and only sits on .82 acres.
• Station 4 lacks adequate interior space and has bays that may be too narrow for modern apparatus.
• Station 5 sits on just .477 acres creating "extremely challenging obstacles(s) for improvement of the station."
• Station 6 has limited parking for staff and visiting public.
• The stations are not current with hurricane, seismic and energy codes.
• The HVAC systems are old.
• The facilities are not compliant with current ADA and storm water standards and codes.
Consultant-offered solutions for each station at different price points:
• Selective demolition and renovation of existing station with a new single story addition. Price range: $1,621,440 to $1,811,460.
• Purchase of adjacent property and construction of a new single story station on the existing site. Price range: $1,994,000 to $2,342,000, plus the cost of land.
• Construction of a multi-story station on existing site. Price range: $2,454,000 to $2,727,400.
• Construction of a new station on a new property site. Price range: $1,994,000 to $2,202,400, plus the cost of land.
• Interior renovation (Station 5 only): $430,730 to $559,510.
• Station 3 (mid-priority): Construct a new building on a new site.
• Station 4 (high priority): Construct a new building on the existing site.