One person lost their home and their pet dog after a fire ripped through an apartment in the Colonial Grand Apartment Complex on Saint Andrews Drive in Wilmington.
Firefighters were called to the scene shortly before 6 p.m. on Sunday.
According to a press release from the Wilmington Fire Department, an offensive attack was used to keep the fire under control.
As a result of the blaze, the occupant of the apartment has been displaced and a pet dog died.
Damage estimates to the apartment are about $60,000, according to Battalion Chief Sammy Flowers.
No other apartments within the building sustained damage.
The fire started as an electrical fire in the kitchen of the apartment.
Wilmington fire investigators have ruled the fire accidental.
This was the second fire in the Colonial Grand Apartments in the past six months. A fire in January caused significant damage to multiple apartments in that complex.
There is no word yet on whether or not investigators believe the two fires are related.
Copyright 2014 WECT. All rights reserved.
322 Shipyard Boulevard