Crews with the Wilmington Fire Department responded to reports of a structure fire off South 15th Street Friday afternoon.
According to officials, when crews arrived on scene, smoke was showing from the rear of a structure at 811 South 15th Street. Crews quickly contained the fire.
No injuries have been reported. The fire was accidentally started in the bedroom of the home.
Battalion Chief Sammy Flowers said the fire was caused by an improperly discarded cigarette. Damages to the home are estimated at $1,000.
Copyright 2014 WECT. All rights reserved.
322 Shipyard Boulevard
Wilmington, NC 28412
Main Phone Number: (910) 791-8070
Newsroom: (910) 791-6681
For News related items
For non-news related material
FCC Public File