Puppies saved from home mostly destroyed by fire - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

NEW PICS: Puppies saved from home destroyed by fire

Posted: Updated:
Firefighters rushed to the kitchen while battling smoke and flames to save "Smokey" and "Bandit" who belong to Jay and Heather Murray. Firefighters rushed to the kitchen while battling smoke and flames to save "Smokey" and "Bandit" who belong to Jay and Heather Murray.
Source: Chief Mark Hewett, Civietown Fire Dept. Source: Chief Mark Hewett, Civietown Fire Dept.
Firefighters rushed to the kitchen while battling smoke and flames to save "Smokey" and "Bandit" who belong to Jay and Heather Murray. Firefighters rushed to the kitchen while battling smoke and flames to save "Smokey" and "Bandit" who belong to Jay and Heather Murray.
SHALLOTTE, NC (WECT) -

Firefighters rescued two puppies from a burning home in Brunswick County Wednesday.

One firefighter was taken to Novant Medical Center for heat related illness but is expected to be okay.

The home located on Winfree Way in northeast Shallotte was a total loss as a result of the fire, according to Chief Mark Hewett with the Civietown Fire Department.

The homeowners said they were at work when the fire broke out and asked the firefighters to go into their house and save the two puppies inside.

Firefighters rushed to the kitchen while battling smoke and flames to save "Smokey" and "Bandit" who belong to Jay and Heather Murray.

Crews from the Civietown FD, Supply FD, Shallotte FD, Tri-Beach FD, Brunswick County EMS, Coastline VRS, and the Brunswick County Sheriff's Office responded to the fire.

Copyright 2014 WECT. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow