Firefighters battle early morning kitchen fire - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

Firefighters battle early morning kitchen fire

Posted: Updated:
(SOURCE: WECT) (SOURCE: WECT)
WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) -

A Wilmington home was damaged Sunday morning after a fire started in the kitchen.

Officials say the call came in around 3:30 in the morning.

When crews arrived at the home located at 1115 So. 9th Street they saw flames in the kitchen, crews say they were able to put the fire out in about fifteen minutes.

Officials say the fire was contained to the kitchen, however, smoke did damage the rest of the home.

Officials say grease that was overheated on the stove started the blaze.

No injures were reported.

Damage is estimated to cost around $25,000.

The family that lives in the home is staying with family nearby.

Copyright 2014 WECT. All rights reserved.


 

Powered by WorldNow