NEW HANOVER COUNTY, NC (WECT) – Multiple fire crews responded to calls Thursday afternoon about a mobile home fire in northern New Hanover County off of Middle Sound Loop Road.
New Hanover County Fire Deputy Chief Matt Davis said the call for the fire came in around 4 p.m. Thursday.
Fire crews took a defensive attack against a fire at a residence in the 700 block of Chewning Street. Heavy black smoke could be seen coming from the area.
The home is considered a total loss. A pet snake was killed in the fire, but no one else was hurt.
The fire damage another home nearby.
According to Deputy Fire Marshal Ray Griswold, the fire was most likely accidental and caused by an electrical issue.
Officials also removed four marijuana plants from the property.
Copyright 2014 WECT. All rights reserved.
322 Shipyard Boulevard
Wilmington, NC 28412
Main Phone Number: (910) 791-8070
Newsroom: (910) 791-6681
For News related items
For non-news related material
FCC Public File