WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) – Investigators say a problem with an electrical cord sparked an accident fire to a home in the 200 block of Rose Ave. early Wednesday morning.
According to David Hines with the Wilmington Fire Department, the fire call came in at 1:11 a.m. and the first crews arrived at 1:15 a.m.
When the fire units arrived, they found flames and heavy smoke coming from the home. All occupants had already evacuated.
Crews made an interior attack on the blaze while simultaneously doing a primary search to ensure that everyone was out of the building.
Firefighters had to re-enter the house to completely suppress the fire after the initial search.
The fire was determined under control at 1:47 a.m.
No injuries were reported, however a cat was transported to an emergency vet after being burned with non-life threatening injuries.
Fire officials estimate damages to the structure to be around $75,000 and $20,000 to the contents inside.
Copyright 2014 WECT. All rights reserved.
322 Shipyard Boulevard