WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) - The Wilmington Fire Department was called Tuesday morning to respond to a structure fire at Campus Edge apartments off Racine Drive.
According to David Hines with the WFD, smoke and heavy fire was showing from one of the apartments at the complex.
Officials said firefighters were able to quickly control the fire, and no injuries have been reported.
According to officials, the fire was ruled accidental. The resident of the apartment left a heating device unattended while it thawed the freezer.
The damage is estimated to be $75,000.
Copyright 2014 WECT. All rights reserved.
322 Shipyard Boulevard