Fire displaces family from home - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

Fire displaces family from home

Posted: Updated:
The fire happened Wednesday night at a home located on Henry Street in Wilmington The fire happened Wednesday night at a home located on Henry Street in Wilmington

WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) – An accidental fire has one family out of a home.

The fire happened Wednesday night at a home located on Henry Street in Wilmington. David Hines with the Wilmington Fire Department said the fire sparked due to combustible materials being too close to an electrical appliance.

The family was home at the time of the fire and was able to get out of the home without injury. The fire was contained to the room it started in.

The family is being assisted by the American Red Cross.

Copyright 2014 WECT. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow