Fire crews are investigating the cause of a house fire that sparked on S. Live Oak Pkwy. Tuesday afternoon.
WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) – Fire crews have determined the cause of a house fire that sparked on S. Live Oak Parkway Tuesday afternoon.
According to Battalion Chief Sammy Flowers, fire and smoke were showing from the home when firefighters arrived, so crews initiated an offensive attack. Flowers said the fire was brought under control within minutes.
An investigation by the Wilmington Fire Department showed that the fire started in a bedroom caused by an electrical short in an extension cord.
The fire only burned two rooms in the home, but caused an estimated $45,000 worth of damage.
The two people living in the home were not injured during the fire.
Thursday, February 22 2018 1:14 AM EST2018-02-22 06:14:16 GMT
Thursday, February 22 2018 7:39 PM EST2018-02-23 00:39:08 GMT
(AP Photo/Gerald Herbert). Mourners hug as they leave the funeral of Alaina Petty, in Coral Springs, Fla., Monday, Feb. 19, 2018. Petty was a victim of Wednesday's mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. Nikolas Cruz, a former student, ...
The students who swarmed Florida's state capitol in the wake of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High massacre face pushback in Legislature.