WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) – Fire crews have determined the cause of a house fire that sparked on S. Live Oak Parkway Tuesday afternoon.
According to Battalion Chief Sammy Flowers, fire and smoke were showing from the home when firefighters arrived, so crews initiated an offensive attack. Flowers said the fire was brought under control within minutes.
An investigation by the Wilmington Fire Department showed that the fire started in a bedroom caused by an electrical short in an extension cord.
The fire only burned two rooms in the home, but caused an estimated $45,000 worth of damage.
The two people living in the home were not injured during the fire.
Copyright 2014 WECT. All rights reserved.
322 Shipyard Boulevard