Firefighters in west Charlotte say a grease fire damaged a church building early Wednesday morning.
The incident was reported at Trinity United Methodist Church on the 6200 block of Beatties Ford Road, according to the Charlotte Fire Department.
The fire was contained within minutes of firefighters arriving on scene.
Church members were cooking for the church's annual BBQ when grease started to bubble and jumped onto a piece of nearby cardboard.
About a quarter of the building was damaged.
Church members tell WBTV the BBQ will go Thursday as planned. The BBQ pits were repaired by lunchtime Wednesday.
Copyright 2014 WBTV. All rights reserved.