Bond set at $1 million for man at center of Bobo search warrant - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

Bond set at $1 million for man at center of Bobo search warrant

Zachary Adams was arrested Friday for aggravated assault in Decatur County. He was jailed on $1 million bond in Chester County. Zachary Adams was arrested Friday for aggravated assault in Decatur County. He was jailed on $1 million bond in Chester County.
DECATURVILLE, TN (WSMV) -

The man whose property is at the center of a TBI search in connection with the disappearance of nursing student Holly Bobo had bond set at $1 million Monday in an unrelated aggravated assault charge.

Zachary Rye Adams appeared in Decatur County General Sessions Court on Monday after his arrest on Friday hours after TBI and FBI agents began searching his property.

Decatur County General Sessions Judge Rick Woods raised the bail from $250,000 that was set by the county's judicial commissioner on Friday night.

Adams was upset at a reporter who took a photo of him as he was led from the courtroom after the arraignment.

"Don't take picture of me, man," Adams said to a reporter from The Jackson Sun newspaper. "I'm not the one."

According to reports, the Bobo investigation was not mentioned in court. Authorities have not said whether the assault charge is related to the disappearance of Bobo in April 2011.

According to the arrest warrant, Adams held a black revolver to the head of Amber Bray at his Holladay home and threatened to kill her. The affidavit also said that Adams pulled a knife on her while threatening to "gut" her.

Bobo was last seen on the morning of April 13, 2011, where she was seen by her brother being led away from her Darden, TN home.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and Federal Bureau of Investigation began executing search warrants on Adams' home and property off Highway 69 south of Interstate 40 on Friday afternoon.

Adams had been released from the Benton County jail on Feb. 26 on drug charges.

The Jackson Sun reported that Adams did not have a lawyer at the arraignment hearing. He said he needed to contact his grandfather to arrange to hire a lawyer but had not been able to make a telephone call since Saturday night.

Decatur County officials transferred Adams to the jail in Chester County. Officials said the Decatur County jail was overcrowded.

In a statement to Channel 4 News on Monday, Zachary Adam's mother, Cindy Adams, said:

"This investigation is about finding Holly Bobo, and the family does not want anyone to lose sight of that. Zachary Adams has, to my knowledge, not been questioned by the TBI regarding Holly Bobo's case, yet he is still incarcerated in the county jail with a minor assault charge and they have set his bail at $1 million. His brother, Dylan Adams, has been interrogated without an attorney present and held in federal holding.

"I am not here to justify my son's addiction or addictive behaviors, but he is my son who I love dearly and will continue to do so. There have been many who have been quick to jump to conclusions about my son's involvement. Let the TBI put together pieces of this investigation without any allegations and false reports of guilt.

"We want Holly Bobo found but do not want a witch hunt in doing so. To my knowledge, my son and Holly Bobo never were in the same circles. Being a drug addict does not make someone a kidnapper. I know of no motive on my son's part to have been involved or know anyone who was involved in the alleged kidnapping case."

Copyright 2014 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • Severe reaction to new sandals leads woman on a painful path

    Severe reaction to new sandals leads woman on a painful path

        One woman wants to warn people about her painful path, the result of a severe and debilitating allergic reaction.  She had no idea what she was allergic to until she visited a fourth emergency room in two weeks.    

    More >>

    One woman wants to warn people about her painful path, the result of a severe and debilitating allergic reaction. She had no idea what she was allergic to until she visited a fourth emergency room in two weeks.    

    More >>
  • 'The Phantom' serial killer of children out of prison, living in Tucson

    'The Phantom' serial killer of children out of prison, living in Tucson

    Thursday, April 27 2017 12:17 AM EDT2017-04-27 04:17:43 GMT
    Friday, April 28 2017 11:32 PM EDT2017-04-29 03:32:02 GMT
    Convicted killer William Huff was spotted riding his bicycle through a Tucson neighborhood. (Source: 3TV/CBS 5)Convicted killer William Huff was spotted riding his bicycle through a Tucson neighborhood. (Source: 3TV/CBS 5)

    William Huff terrorized Sierra Vista during the spring and summer of 1967. Despite a sentence of 40 years to life, the Arizona Board of Executive Clemency voted to release him from prison into home arrest. Family members of the victims are concerned for the safety of the community, as are new members of the Clemency Board. CBS 5 Investigates videotaped Huff riding a bike through his Tucson neighborhood. There are no restrictions placed on his proximity to children.

    More >>

    William Huff terrorized Sierra Vista during the spring and summer of 1967. Despite a sentence of 40 years to life, the Arizona Board of Executive Clemency voted to release him from prison into home arrest. Family members of the victims are concerned for the safety of the community, as are new members of the Clemency Board. CBS 5 Investigates videotaped Huff riding a bike through his Tucson neighborhood. There are no restrictions placed on his proximity to children. 

    More >>
  • GRAPHIC: Buncombe Co. man admits to killing, dismembering pregnant TV chef, husband

    GRAPHIC: Buncombe Co. man admits to killing, dismembering pregnant TV chef, husband

    Thursday, April 27 2017 5:18 AM EDT2017-04-27 09:18:54 GMT
    Thursday, April 27 2017 7:27 PM EDT2017-04-27 23:27:02 GMT
    Robert Jason Owens' 2015 mug shot (Source: BCSO)Robert Jason Owens' 2015 mug shot (Source: BCSO)

    The Buncombe County man charged with murder in the deaths of a TV chef, her husband, and unborn child pleaded guilty to killing the victims and dismembering their bodies during a hearing Thursday and was sentenced to prison.

    More >>

    The Buncombe County man charged with murder in the deaths of a TV chef, her husband, and unborn child pleaded guilty to killing the victims and dismembering their bodies during a hearing Thursday and was sentenced to prison.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly