Investigators say house fire was electrical, accidental - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

Investigators say house fire was electrical, accidental

Posted: Updated:
© Fires burn through the roof of a home on Masonboro Sound Road. (Source: WFD) © Fires burn through the roof of a home on Masonboro Sound Road. (Source: WFD)

WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) - Investigators say a house fire on Masonboro Sound Road was accidental and was electrical in nature.

Firefighters were called to respond to the fire around 4:45 p.m. Sunday. It took about an hour to get the fire under control because it was behind knee walls, making it difficult to access.

According to investigators, the fire started in the attic area above the kitchen.

David Hines, with WFD, said no one was home at the time of the fire and nobody has been hurt. It's estimated the fire caused $150,000 in damages.

Copyright 2014 WECT. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow