Unattended cooking to blame for house fire - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

Unattended cooking to blame for house fire

Posted: Updated:
Unattended cooking is to blame for an accidental kitchen fire that sparked at a home on 12th Street Thursday afternoon. Unattended cooking is to blame for an accidental kitchen fire that sparked at a home on 12th Street Thursday afternoon.
According to Battalion Chief Sammy Flowers, the fire happened at 611 S. 12th Street, near the intersection with Queen Street. According to Battalion Chief Sammy Flowers, the fire happened at 611 S. 12th Street, near the intersection with Queen Street.

WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) – Unattended cooking is to blame for an accidental kitchen fire that sparked at a home on 12th Street Thursday afternoon.

According to Battalion Chief Sammy Flowers, the fire happened at 611 S. 12th Street, near the intersection with Queen Street.

No one was injured in the fire, but there were about $5,000 in damages.

Copyright 2014 WECT. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow