Homeowner, dogs escape house fire in Madison - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

Homeowner, dogs escape house fire in Madison

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -

Crews worked to put out a fire at a home on Sanitarium Road in Madison Monday morning.

Officials say the homeowner went outside to check on his dogs, and when he came back inside, he smelled smoke.

"It appears to be electrical in nature, but by the time firefighters got on scene, when he called it in, it was fully involved," said Buddy Byers, district chief with the Nashville Fire Department.

No one, including the homeowner's dogs, was hurt in the blaze.

The house is said to be a total loss.

Copyright 2014 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • FBI arrests 120, recovers 84 children in human trafficking sting

    FBI arrests 120, recovers 84 children in human trafficking sting

    Thursday, October 19 2017 7:04 AM EDT2017-10-19 11:04:01 GMT
    Thursday, October 19 2017 7:42 AM EDT2017-10-19 11:42:20 GMT

    The youngest victim recovered this year was a 3-month-old girl, and the average age of victims recovered during the operation was 15 years old. 

    More >>

    The youngest victim recovered this year was a 3-month-old girl, and the average age of victims recovered during the operation was 15 years old. 

    More >>
  • A painful pumpkin patch warning about ticks

    A painful pumpkin patch warning about ticks

    Thursday, October 19 2017 9:23 AM EDT2017-10-19 13:23:08 GMT
    A California woman warning about ticks in the pumpkin patch. (Source: Facebook)A California woman warning about ticks in the pumpkin patch. (Source: Facebook)

    A woman has taken to Facebook with a painful warning for anyone heading to pumpkin patches this fall.  In the post Jennifer Velasquez says she contracted Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever after wearing flip-flops and shorts to a pumpkin patch.  Jennifer Velasquez

    More >>

    A woman has taken to Facebook with a painful warning for anyone heading to pumpkin patches this fall.  In the post Jennifer Velasquez says she contracted Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever after wearing flip-flops and shorts to a pumpkin patch.  Jennifer Velasquez

    More >>
  • Trauma surgeons take lifesaving measures after man's legs caught in grain auger

    Trauma surgeons take lifesaving measures after man's legs caught in grain auger

    Thursday, October 19 2017 7:32 PM EDT2017-10-19 23:32:09 GMT
    A farm accident between Plainview and Floydada led to life-saving measures by an emergency rescue and trauma team (Source: TTUHSC)A farm accident between Plainview and Floydada led to life-saving measures by an emergency rescue and trauma team (Source: TTUHSC)

    A farm accident between Plainview and Floydada led to life-saving measures by an emergency rescue and trauma team Tuesday (October 17th). Fifty-nine year-old Leo Martinez was trapped when his legs were caught inside of a 20-foot tall grain auger cart, causing severe life-threatening injuries.

    More >>

    A farm accident between Plainview and Floydada led to life-saving measures by an emergency rescue and trauma team Tuesday (October 17th). Fifty-nine year-old Leo Martinez was trapped when his legs were caught inside of a 20-foot tall grain auger cart, causing severe life-threatening injuries.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly