WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) – A car fire in the Independence Mall parking lot gave mall-goers quite a shock.
Wilmington Fire Chief Smith said the driver of the car noticed smoke coming from underneath the dash board. The driver got out of the car and then soon after watched as their car burst into flames.
Chief Smith said WFD arrived within three minutes of getting a call about the fire, but by the time they got to the mall, the car was fully engulfed.
The car burst into flames around 5 p.m. Tuesday. There were no injuries associated with the fire, but the car was completely lost.
The fire is being ruled an accidental electrical fire.
Copyright 2014 WECT. All rights reserved.
322 Shipyard Boulevard
Wilmington, NC 28412
Main Phone Number: (910) 791-8070
Newsroom: (910) 791-6681
For News related items
For non-news related material
FCC Public File