NEW HANOVER COUNTY, NC (WECT) – ‘Tis the season to think about filing Federal and NC state income taxes for 2013.
Trained and IRS certified volunteers with the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program will offer their services free of charge to answer your questions and help you prepare to file your personal tax returns electronically.
IRS certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals in local communities, with special attention to those 60 and older.
Volunteers are certified to prepare most common personal income taxes. They are not permitted to prepare business returns for businesses with more than $5,000 in expenses or a loss, complicated investment reporting, rental property with depreciation, and certain other complicated tax matters.
1. Picture ID, address and local phone number.
2. Social Security cards and date of birth for self, spouse and all dependents.
3. Wage statements (W-2s and 1099s) from all employers for the year.
4. Retirement, Social Security, and/or Railroad Retirement statements.
5. Interest, dividend, and final brokerage statements.
6. Medical expenses and real estate property taxes paid in 2013. (For those who itemize).
7. Charitable contributions.
8. Your 2012 tax return.
9. Any other tax document related to 2013.
Unless noted, no appointments are necessary; the services are first –come, first-served and offered at two locations:
New Hanover County Senior Resource Center – 2222 S. College Road
Feb. 3 – April 15
Mon, Wed, Fri: 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Tues, Thurs : 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
To reduce waiting time for all days, sign ups for blocks of time begins at 8:00 am. You can then leave and return at the assigned block of time. For information, call 910-798-6406
Town of Carolina Beach Recreation Center – 1121 B North Lake Park Blvd.
Feb. 3 – April 15
Mon, Wed: Noon – 4 p.m.
Tues, Thurs: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Sat: 8 a.m. - Noon
Copyright 2014 WECT. All rights reserved.
322 Shipyard Boulevard