WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) – Firefighters were called to respond to a duplex fire Thursday afternoon just after lunch time.
According to Randy Burton, the fire caused extensive damage to a home on South 12th Street, but fire crews were able to get it under control. Damages are estimated at over $40,000.
One person living in the home was check out for injuries, but was found to be ok.
Investigators said the fire started due to unattended cooking.
Copyright 2014 WECT. All rights reserved.
322 Shipyard Boulevard
Wilmington, NC 28412
Main Phone Number: (910) 791-8070
Newsroom: (910) 791-6681
For News related items
For non-news related material
FCC Public File