Firefighters contain fire that caused extensive damage - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

Firefighters contain fire that caused extensive damage

Posted: Updated:
According to Randy Burton, the fire caused extensive damage to a home on South 12th Street, but fire crews were able to get it under control. (Source: Randy Burton) According to Randy Burton, the fire caused extensive damage to a home on South 12th Street, but fire crews were able to get it under control. (Source: Randy Burton)
The fire is under control. The fire is under control.

WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) – Firefighters were called to respond to a duplex fire Thursday afternoon just after lunch time.

According to Randy Burton, the fire caused extensive damage to a home on South 12th Street, but fire crews were able to get it under control. Damages are estimated at over $40,000.

One person living in the home was check out for injuries, but was found to be ok. 

Investigators said the fire started due to unattended cooking.

Copyright 2014 WECT. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow