Belville commissioner resignation made official - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

Belville commissioner resignation made official

Posted: Updated:
Charles Bost is officially no longer a member of the Belville Board of Commissioners. Charles Bost is officially no longer a member of the Belville Board of Commissioners.

BELVILLE, NC (WECT) - Charles Bost is officially no longer a member of the Belville Board of Commissioners.

At a special meeting Thursday evening, the board approved of Bost's resignation.  Bost announced in a letter earlier this week that he would be leaving the board.

He was not in attendance at Thursday night's meeting.

Despite Bost's absence, Mike Allen, Belville Mayor, thanked Bost for his service before approving a motion to accept the resignation.

Allen said that several people have already inquired about replacing Bost on the board.

"We want to give each one of these commissioners the opportunity to sit down and have face time with these applicants and vet them and see what their vision is for our town and see what the perspective is they're coming from," said Allen.

They mayor said the board will begin the replacement process in February.

Copyright 2014 WECT. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow