ASH, NC (WECT) - Firefighters responded to a house fire in Ash Friday morning.
According to Brunswick County Fire Marshal Scott Garner, the fire happened on Long Road. He also says the house appeared to be a total loss.
The call came in shortly after 8:00 a.m. Crews from Waccamaw, Calabash, Civietown and Supply responded.
No injuries have been reported and no one was home at the time.
The owner of the home is a Brunswick County employee in the Parks and Recreation Department.
The American Red Cross has been called in to assist the family, and some county commissioners are raising money.
Copyright 2013 WECT. All rights reserved.
322 Shipyard Boulevard