House fire that sent child to hospital sparked by meth lab
(WMC-TV) - Officials confirm the house fire that sent a three-year-old to Le Bonheur Children's Hospital was sparked by a meth lab Wednesday.
Crews arrived to the house in the 6400 block of Cheekwood Avenue in the afternoon to investigate.
A man at the home told police when he noticed the fire, he went to the attic to see what was burning. He told police he saw a jar of fuel and lithium metal on fire that he had used to cook meth earlier in the week.
His three-year-old daughter did not have any visible injuries, but she was sent to the hospital for observation.