WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) - Firefighters responded to a fire around 8:30 Sunday morning at 2110 Yaupon Drive off of Medical Center Drive.
According to investigators from the WIlmington Fire Department, the fire was accidental and started when an unattended candle was knocked over.
On arrival, crews reported flames and smoke showing from the rear of the residential structure.
Investigators said the property loss totals close to $30,000, with about $25,000 worth of damage done to the structure and another $5,000 worth of damage to items in the home.
No injuries were reported to emergency crews.
Copyright 2013 WECT. All rights reserved.
322 Shipyard Boulevard