WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) – UNCW students are being allowed back into Graham-Hewlett Hall following a gas leak late Wednesday night.
Battalion Chief Rick Pearsal with the Wilmington Fire Department confirmed there was a small gas leak inside the dorm. "Our meters picked up slight readings in the laundry room," Pearsal said. The scene has been cleared by the Wilmington Fire Department, and UNCW crews are fixing the problem.
Pearsal also said the leak seems to have been isolated to the laundry room.
300 to 400 students were evacuated from the dorm for about and hour and a half.
Watch Carolina in the Morning on WECT starting at 5 a.m. to hear what students are saying about this scary situation.
Copyright 2013 WECT. All rights reserved.
322 Shipyard Boulevard