A dry high pressure system will remain in control of our weather through the end of the week and beginning of the weekend. A complex storm system (including a cold front, a non-tropical low pressure system, and even potentially moisture from a Gulf of Mexico tropical low) will begin to affect our forecast Sunday - and unsettled weather may linger into early next week.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND THURSDAY FORECAST: Expect a continuation of clear to partly cloudy skies and light northeast breezes. Temperatures will fall to lows in the 50s late Wednesday night (some 60s could mix for the beaches) and highs on Thursday will likely be in the upper 70s to near 80.
FRIDAY AND SATURDAY FORECAST: Rain chances will remain low - generally 10% or less - in this period. Daytime temperatures will trend a bit higher (mainly low 80s for Friday and possibly mid 80s for Sunday). Temperatures will generally fall to the 60s for overnight lows in this period.
POSSIBLE STORM SYSTEM FOR SUNDAY AND PART OF NEXT WEEK: Sunday will likely feature variable clouds and a 40% chance of showers and thunderstorms. The rain and storm chance will increase to 50 - 60% Sunday night into part of Monday, and lingering moisture could keep a few showers into Tuesday (rain chance near 40%).
TROPICAL AREAS OF INTEREST:
- Humberto will move north across the open waters of the North Atlantic Ocean into the weekend. Its remnants may eventually bring rain to parts of northern Europe.
- An area of disturbed weather near Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula may become Tropical Storm Jerry in the southern Gulf of Mexico in the next day or so.
First Alert Meteorologists Gannon Medwick, Colin Hackman, Eric Davis, and Iisha Scott will keep you updated.
Know before you go: with our weather home page by clicking here.
Don't forget to download the free WECT First Alert Weather app to stay ahead of the storm.
Copyright 2013 WECT. All rights reserved.
322 Shipyard Boulevard