Chef Skip Laskody, Harris-Teeter
- 2 lbs. T-bone steaks, 1 inch thick
- 3 tablespoon basil leaves, dried and crushed
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup Reggiano parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons HT Traders olive oil
- 2 tablespoons HT red wine vinegar
- 2 Farmers Market yellow bell peppers, cut into quarters
- 1 large Farmers Market red onion, 1/2 inch slices
In small bowl, combine basil, Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper; mix well. Remove 4 teaspoons seasoning, press into both sides of beef steaks. Add cheese, oil and vinegar to remaining seasoning, mixing well and then set aside.
Place steaks in center of grill over medium ash-covered coals; arrange vegetables around steaks. Grill steaks 14-16 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.