CURRIE, NC (WECT)- A fire in Currie caused extensive damage to a house on the 2700 block of Burrow Road early Saturday morning.
According to Tom Collins with Pender County Emergency Management, the fire started around 1:30 a.m. Collins said he believes the cause of the fire was a lit citronella candle that was sitting on the porch of the home.
Collins said a Pender County deputy was driving through the area and noticed the fire. He said the deputy was able to wake the family up and get them out of the house.
Collins said crews from the Atkinson Fire Department, Long Creek Fire Department and Shiloh Fire Department all assisted in putting out the fire. He said Pender County EMS and Fire Prevention crews were also on the scene to assist in the firefighting efforts.
Collins said the people living in the home, the Greene family, did not sustain any injuries. He said they are currently living in another location due to the extensive damage the home sustained in the fire.
Copyright 2013 WECT. All rights reserved.
322 Shipyard Boulevard