A south Nashville family of five had a terrible start to the Labor Day holiday weekend after their home caught fire.
All five, including several children, made it out with some help. With a large number of people in the home, it can be chaotic for a family and firefighters to make sure everyone is accounted for.
Someone smelled smoke at the home in the 3900 block of Scotwood Drive.
There was some smoke present, and power was shut off to the home.
The home had minor smoke and water damage, but no one was hurt.
The home will be without power until Saturday.
Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
322 Shipyard Boulevard