First Alert Forecast: Below normal temperatures as we wrap up Ju - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

First Alert Forecast: Below normal temperatures as we wrap up July

 

Even though we have a surface front over the area, drier air moving into the mid levels of the atmosphere will keep shower and thunderstorm chances in the isolated category(~30%).  Afternoon highs will be about 2 or 3 degrees below the average high of 90. 

MONDAY AND TUESDAY: Both days will feature a mix of sun and clouds with highs in the mid to upper 80's and lows near 70.  Isolated showers and thunderstorms are likely during the afternoon and evening.  Some storms could be slow movers with localized heavy rain and plenty of cloud to ground lightning. 

EXTENDED FORECAST:  An approaching upper trough means more cloud cover and scattered showers and thunderstorms for Wednesday and Thursday.  Highs will be in the mid to upper 80's with the rain chance in the (40%-50%) range.  The trough retreats by the end of the week bumping afternoon highs into the low 90's for Friday and the weekend.  Rain and thunderstorm chances will be spot to isolated (20%-30%).   

TROPICS: Tropical Storm Dorian dissipated Saturday and is now a remnant low.  The National Hurricane Center gives this system about a 30% chance for redevelopment as it passes north of Puerto Rico.  Elsewhere no tropical development is expected over the next 72 hours. 

First Alert Meteorologists Gannon Medwick, Colin Hackman, Eric Davis, and Iisha Scott will keep you updated.

Know before you go: with our weather home page by clicking here.

Don't forget to download the WECT First Alert Weather app to stay ahead of the storm.

Copyright 2013 WECT. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow