WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) - With Iron Man 3's superhero success at the box office, it has become the biggest money-making movie to ever come out of North Carolina.
The Wilmington-filmed blockbuster has brought in more than $1 billion dollars worldwide. It has only been in theaters for two weeks.
We wanted to take a look at the other successful movies to come out of North Carolina.
Here's the list from the North Carolina Film Office:
- Iron Man 3 - $1 billion (Worldwide)
- Hunger Games - $693,000,000 (Worldwide)
- The Fugitive (partially shot in NC) - $368,700,000 (Worldwide)
- Journey 2 - $323,812,241 (Worldwide)
- Dirty Dancing - $213,892,689 (Worldwide)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - $201,900,000 (Worldwide)
- Sleeping With the Enemy - $173,000,000 (Worldwide)
- Talladega Nights - $158,000,000 (Worldwide)
- The Color Purple - $142,175,854 (Worldwide)
- Days of Thunder - $165,900,000 (Worldwide)
- Shallow Hal - $110,670,000
- Last of the Mohicans - $72,455,275 (USA)
- Nights of Rodanthe - $72,240,908 (Worldwide)
- Safe Haven - $71,281,710 (USA)