WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) – New Hanover County fire crews extinguished flames at a house fire off of Murrayville Drive Wednesday afternoon, according to a fire captain at the scene.
Dispatch officials said smoke and flames were visible as crews arrived at the home, in the 5020 block of Ferndale Drive.
The captain on scene said that everyone is OK, and that crews arrived almost immediately.
The flames started when a plastic paint can full of cigarette butts caught fire, according to investigators.
It happened on a back patio, causing no damage to the house itself.
Copyright 2013 WECT. All rights reserved.
322 Shipyard Boulevard