WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) – Investigators say improperly discarded smoking material is to blame for starting a house fire early Wednesday morning.
According to Chief David Hines, firefighters with the Wilmington Fire Department were called to a fire on Fawn Creek Drive around 3:00 a.m.
Hines said the home is a total loss with very minimal damage to any exposures. He said it was incredible there was no damage to neighboring exposed structures.
According to Hines, firefighters took a defensive approach, which means the major efforts were to protect exposed structures while still knocking out the fire.
No one was hurt in the fire.
Copyright 2013 WECT. All rights reserved.