Chef Barry Phillips, Lucky Fisherman
- 1 lb steamed or poached grouper filet
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbs. sweet pickled relish
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 tsp. old bay
- 8 thin slices fresh baked Italian bread
- 4 slices medium cheddar cheese
- Sliced tomato
- 1 avacado
- 2 cups coleslaw
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. While oven is preheating, crumble grouper into medium sized mixing bowl.
Next, add onions, diced eggs, fresh garlic and relish.
Lightly salt to taste and add old bay.
Gently fold the salad together until mixed well.
Using a spoon place a small helping over the grouper salad onto four slices of the bread and place cheese on top.
Place sandwiches open faced on baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minuted or until cheese is melted and bread is toasted.