Unattended incense sparks explosion, fire at Russo's Motel - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

Unattended incense sparks explosion, fire at Russo's Motel

Posted: Updated:

CAROLINA BEACH, NC (WECT) – The cause of a fire that took place Monday afternoon at Russo's Motel in Carolina Beach was unattended incense, according to Deputy Fire Marshal Ray Griswold.

According to New Hanover County Dispatch operators, the 911 center received a call about an explosion in a room at the motel.

Fire crews said they saw smoke when they arrived to the scene. The fire has been put out, but the Carolina Beach Police Department said there are some road closures in the area.

Copyright 2013 WECT. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow