NEW HANOVER COUNTY, NC (WECT) – A reported trailer fire that sparked Thursday in the 2000 block of Farley Drive has been extinguished.
One person, Boyd Tucker, was been taken to the hospital, according to his family. His family says that Tucker got hurt trying to save the family pet.
Tucker's family says it looks like the fire started in the kitchen, and Boyd went back in time to get the family rabbit.
His wife was not at home at the time, because she was at the doctor.
Firefighters are still trying to figure out what happened, but they say that this was a good outcome because of the quick response.
The fire temporarily closed Farley Drive to traffic between North Kerr Avenue and Bavarian Lane.
Copyright 2013 WECT. All rights reserved.
322 Shipyard Boulevard