WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) – Several law enforcement agencies worked together this weekend to stop dangerous drivers.
According to the Wilmington Police Department, instead of conducting a check point in one particular geographical area, officials decided to hold a citywide effort.
Here's a summary from the WPD of enforcement actions during the operation:
• DWI (8)
• Drive After Consuming Alcohol Under Age 21 (2)
• Fail to Maintain Lane Control (4)
• Speeding (9)
• No Driver License (7)
• Driving With a Revoked License (2)
• Open Container (1)
• Seatbelt Violation (4)
• Fail to Stop for Blue Lights and Siren (1)
• Felony Larceny Warrant Served (1)
This was just one of many enforcement efforts that local law enforcement agencies will conduct in the final days of 2012. Expect to see heavy enforcement as you ring in 2013. Be sure to designate a sober driver.
Copyright 2012 WECT. All rights reserved.
322 Shipyard Boulevard