PENDER COUNTY, NC (WECT) – Firefighters were able to quickly contain a fire at the Dollar General in Rocky Point Monday morning before lunchtime.
According to the manager on duty, employees turned on the heater for the first time and smelled something funny shortly after.
The manager said an employee went to the back and saw smoke.
Everyone was evacuated safely from the building and no injuries were reported.
A church located in the same building did not suffer any damage.
Copyright 2012 WECT. All rights reserved.
322 Shipyard Boulevard