WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) – Employees at Affordable Dentures in Wilmington were evacuated from the business Thursday morning around 8:15 after they saw smoke inside the business.
It appeared that no flames were showing when fire crews arrived on the scene, but there was smoke in the building.
Emergency crews shutdown the southbound lane of Carolina Beach Road heading towards downtown Wilmington for a short period of time. It has since been reopened.
According to an employee, a fire had started in the men's restroom. The employee said the lights in the break room turned off and they noticed the fire when they went to check the breakers.
No injuries have been reported.
Copyright 2012 WECT. All rights reserved.
322 Shipyard Boulevard