8 taken to hospital after being shocked by Christmas lights - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

8 taken to hospital after being shocked by Christmas lights

Posted: Updated:

BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WECT) – Eight people were sent to the hospital late Friday afternoon after being shocked by Christmas lights, according to Anthony Marzano, Brunswick County Emergency Services Director.

Authorities say the group was putting up lights at US Wick Drain on Andrew Jackson Highway in Northwest when one of the strands came in contact with a power line.

One person is in serious condition. The others have minor injuries.

Copyright 2012 WECT. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow