Thanksgiving Day grease fire sparks in home's oven - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

Thanksgiving Day grease fire sparks in home's oven

Posted: Updated:
The home where a fire sparked Thursday around noon. The home where a fire sparked Thursday around noon.

WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) – The Wilmington Fire Department responded to a call of a house fire Thursday around noon.

According to Fire Chief Tim Smith, it was a cooking fire.

Flames sparked in the home's oven after grease spilled out when someone put a turkey inside.

The flames were contained to the oven; however, firefighters at the scene stress that folks need to use extra caution while cooking Thanksgiving meals.

Copyright 2012 WECT. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow