Gather all ingredients before beginning recipe.
Equipment: Two cutting boards (one for veggies & one for meat), storage container, metal skewers, knife, latex gloves
Important to know:
- Cutting your veggies slightly smaller than the sirloin or chicken cubes should keep them from burning.
- Metal skewers helps ensure complete cooking of the meat, including the center.
- 1 oz. mushroom caps
- Trim stem of mushrooms even with cap
- Place in appropriate container and hold for later use
- 6 oz. sirloin or chicken (1 1/2 x 1 1/2 cubes)
- 1 oz. yellow onion (1 1/4 x 1 1/4 slices)
- 1 oz. green pepper (1 1/4 x 1 1/4 slices)
- 1 oz. tomato (1 1/4 x 1 1/4 slices)
- Cut remaining ingredients and reserve
- Each kabob contains: 5 sirloin or chicken pieces, 2 mushroom caps, 2 tomato slices, 2 onion slices, and 3 green pepper slices.
- With the point of the skewer up slide on one piece of sirloin or chicken.
- Place the rest of the ingredients on in this order: green pepper, onion, sirloin cube, tomato, sirloin/chicken cube.
- marinade or seasoning as desired