Calendar Contest Rules
- 1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WECT-TV located at 322 Shipyard Blvd. Wilmington NC 28412 ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins on Monday, July 23rd, 2012 and ends Wednesday, August 8th. Entries must be received by Sunday, August 12th. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
- 2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of North Carolina, who are 18 years of age or older. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WECT-TV, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. No more than five entries per individual will be accepted. Please note: multiple entries of more than five photos will be disqualified.
- 3. How to Enter. To enter this promotion, individuals will need to submit a scenic photograph of southeastern North Carolina, which must be a minimum of 35mm print, horizontal; minimum of 4x6". Digital images are accepted, but must be submitted as a print and if chosen, must submit CD with minimum size of 6 ½" x 10" @ 300dpi. If in the sole discretion of our judges, an image submitted has been "created" by other than conventional means, it will be disqualified. Normal cropping and enhancement will be permitted. Prints must be submitted for judging purposes ONLY. If selected, we will need either a CD or the original negative. All entries must contain a statement that the submissions are original works, and that a CD or original negative is available. If that is not attached to the entry, it will be discarded without judging. If selected, you will have five (5) business days to present the CD or negative. Otherwise, it will not be selected. Do not submit digital images via e-mail or on a CD for us to judge. Submissions must be mailed to us or dropped off at the front desk during normal business hours. All entries must contain the name, telephone number(s) (day and night) of the photographer, and a mailing address, as well as the location depicted in the image, and a title for your photograph. All photos become the property of WECT. If you include a self addressed postage paid envelope, your CD, and or prints, will be mailed back to you. Entries must be received by Sunday, August 12th, 2012 in order to qualify. Photographs will be judged by a WECT panel based on visual quality and twelve (12) Winner(s) will be selected by the WECT panel. Entrants represent that they are sole owner of the copyright to the print submitted.
4. Prize. The Winner(s)will receive a one hundred dollar ($100) cash prize and appear in the WECT 2013Collectors Calendar.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. Prizes will be mailed to each winner.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number and quality ofthe entries received.
7.Conditionsof Acceptance of Prize. The Winner(s) will be required to execute andreturn a release and affidavit of eligibility within 15 days of prizenotification, or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s)will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, aswell as license and registration fees incurred by participating in thepromotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities andother items of an incidental nature. WECT-TV will report any individualwinnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a oneyear period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive aForm 1099 from WECT-TV if WECT-TV reports any winnings to the Internal RevenueService.
EachWinner(s) agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicitywithout any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Byentering this promotion, each Winner(s) acknowledges that WECT-TV, and allother sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each Winner(s)'sname, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all mattersincidental thereto.
- 4. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize, however caused.
- 5. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WECT-TV to ensure the fairness and original intent of the promotion. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WECT-TV are final and binding.
- 6. List of Winner(s)s. For a list of Winner(s), send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WECT-TV 322 Shipyard Blvd, Wilmington NC 28412 or visit the website at www.wect.com between August 29th, 2012 and September 30th, 2012.