Crews extinguish fire at Paul’s Place Famous Hotdogs

ROCKY POINT, NC (WECT) – Monday marks National Hot Dog Day, but a local restaurant well-known for its frankfurters isn't celebrating after an afternoon fire broke out.

Emergency Management Director Tom Collins said a fire sparked around lunchtime at Paul's Place Famous Hotdogs when workers were making renovations to the bathroom. Workers were reportedly cutting metal when sparks caught some insulation on fire, causing flames to spread up the walls.

Employees tried to use a fire extinguisher to no avail; however, the fire department arrived on scene and his since put out the blaze.

No injuries or major damages have been reported, but the business will be closed for the remainder of the day.

Copyright 2012 WECT. All rights reserved.