WILMINGTON, NC (WSFX) – Super Doubles week is a hit at Harris Teeter. Coupons up to $2 will double, meaning you could essentially get $4 off an item!
This is the time when people go to the grocery store every day. HT will double 20 coupons per day, so that's why people need to make multiple trips.
UPDATE, Thurs. 3:21 p.m.: Reporter Sanah Sayani also found some great deals at Harris Teeter and CVS. She spent less than .50-cents on every item, including razors and aspirin.
- Dawn dish detergent, price. 1.00. We had a .50-cent coupon. FREE **coupon from various magazines, NOT the paper**
- Freshmate Charmin, price, 2.49. We had a 1.00 coupon that doubled. = .49-cents *printable**
- Glade Decor tab, price 3.49. We had a 2.00 coupon. 3.49 - 2.00 - 2.00 = FREE **printable**
- Poise pantiliners, price 2.59 [2.59 - 2.00 -2.00] = FREE **printable**
- Advil, price 4.49. 2.00 coupon. [4.49 - 2.00 - 2.00] = .49-cents **printable**
- Bayer, price 4.39. [4.39 - 2.00 - 2.00] = .39-cents **printable**
- Silk Organic, price 1.99. We had a coupon that doubled. FREE **coupon - Living All Natural & Organic home mailer (exp 06/24)
1) Schick Silk, price 8.99. We had a 4.00 coupon and then we used a 5.00 credit. FREE then you get 3.00 in ECBs.
2) Electro Nyte, price 4.79. You also get 4.79 in ECBS (which means it's free!)
3) Bayer, price 4.29. We had a 1.00 coupon and used our $3 ECBs. Paid .29-cents
This is what Michelle Li bought at the store:
During our first trip, we spent about $11 for $83 worth of goods. That's about an 87-percent savings! On the first trip, you should use your high-value coupons—the ones that are $2 or less. There are a lot of printable coupons but most of the ones we used on our first trip were from previous Sunday papers.
- Chex Mix, reg. 2.79. On sale 1.40. We had a coupon for .50-cents off 2. [2.79-.50-.50 = 1.79 / 2= .90-cents] **SS 6/3**
- Downy, reg. 7.49. On sale 5.99. We had a $2 coupon from buying a Downy product. This was in our package. We also had an evic coupon for .25-cents. [5.99 – 2.00 – 2.00 –.25 = 1.74]
- KC Masterpiece, reg. 2.29. On sale 1.00 for VIC card members. We had a coupon for $1 off 2. [2.00 – 1.00 – 1.00 = FREE] **SS 5/13**
- Splenda, 200 count, reg. 7.65. We had a coupon for 2.00 off. [7.65 – 2.00 – 2.00 = 3.65] **SS 4/1**
- Splenda, Brown sugar blend, reg. 5.19. We had a coupon for 2.00 off. [5.19 – 2.00 – 2.00 = 1.19] **SS 4/1**
- Loreal Voluminous mascara, reg. 8.49. On sale 5.49. We had a coupon for 2.00 off. Plus, there was an evic coupon for $1.00 off. [5.49 – 2.00 – 2.00 – 1.00 = .49] **RP 5/20**
- Keri Lotion, reg. 7.99. This deal was a little different because we used a raincheck from April 2012 that allowed us to get the lotion for BOGO. We got the raincheck because when it was BOGO the first time, there were hardly any on the shelves. This is what you call getting your own deal! We had a 2.00 off coupon. [7.99 / 2 = 3.99 for one bottle. 3.99 – 2.00 -2.00 = FREE] And this is even better – we didn't have to fight anyone off for these because of the timing. **SS 4/15**
- Simply Sweet Potatoes, reg. 3.29. On sale, 1.65. We had a coupon for 1.00 off 2. [3.29 – 1.00 – 1.00 = 1.29 / 2 = .65-cents] You can get the hash browns for about .20-cents, but we got the mashed potatoes. **RP 6/3**
- Dean's Dip, reg. 2.79. We had a coupon for 1.00 off. [2.79- 1.00 -1.00 = .79-cents] Our coupon was for heat ‘n eat dip. Other people have mentioned getting Dean's Dip cheaper. This coupon was from a Catalina.
- Smart Balance milk, reg. 3.99. On sale 3.00. We had a coupon for 1.50 off. [3.00-1.50-1.50= FREE] **SS 6/3**
- So Delicious Creamer, reg. 2.19. We had a coupon for 1.00 off. [2.19-1.00-1.00=.19-cents] **SS 5/20**
**SS stands for Smart Source inserts from the newspaper
**RP stands for Red Plum inserts from the newspaper
Special thanks to Southernsavers.com for helping us find these deals. Some of them we found on our own, but we always appreciate help from coupon bloggers. You can also click on the Southern Savers link to find more printable coupons.
**These deals are shared with the best intentions, so if you notice an error, please tell us. Also, if you have a great deal to share, pass it along to us! We'll give you credit when we spread the word. And remember, please shop ethically. Don't dumpster dive, don't copy coupons and don't clear shelves. If you play fair, then everyone wins.
Special thanks to all of our smart shoppers out there! Wanna be on the list? Send us a deal!