- 2 soft shelled crabs per person (ask your fishmonger to clean them for you)
- ½ cup corn oil for frying
- ¾ cup self rising flour
- 1/3 cup of finely ground Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
Put the flour, panko, paprika and salt and pepper into a zip lock bag. Shake to mix well. Add two crabs at a time and shake to coat them. Remove the crabs from the bag and shake to remove excess coating.
Put the corn oil in a large frying pan and use high heat to bring it to 350 degrees. Drop the crabs into the oil and fry until done through. Do not overcrowd the pan. When done, they will be golden in color. Remove the crabs and drain on paper towels.
- 1 ear of fresh corn, shaved off the cob
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 large ripe tomato, seeded and chopped
- ½ small cantaloupe, cut into bite sized pieces
- Jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice from ½ lime
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
Place all of the salsa ingredients, except the parsley, in a mixing bowl. Mix well and serve.