May 4, 2004 at 2:57 AM EST - Updated September 26 at 6:42 PM
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. BY ENTERING, EACH ENTRANT ACCEPTS AND AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE CONTEST RULES.
2. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO ENTER. MUST BE A RESIDENT OF NORTH CAROLINA OR SOUTH CAROLINA TO QUALIFY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
3. EMPLOYEES AND IMMEDIATE FAMILIES MEMBERS OF EMPLOYEES OF RAYCOM MEDIA, INC., RAYCOM MEDIA, INC., WECT-TV, 6, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, SUPPLIERS, AND THEIR ADVERTISING AND PRODUCTION AGENCIES (COLLECTIVELY, THE "SPONSORS") ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE.
4. TO ENTER, BEGINNING MONDAY, MAY 10, 2004, LOG ON TO WWW.WECT.COM AND SUBMIT ONLINE A DIGITAL PHOTO AND THE REASON WHY YOUR LIVING ROOM DESERVES A MAKEOVER. COMPLETE THE ONLINE ENTRY OR MAIL/DROP OFF TO: ROOM MAKEOVER, 322 SHIPYARD BOULEVARD, WILMINGTON, NC 28412. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 12:00PM ON FRIDAY, MAY 21, 2004 IN ORDER TO QUALIFY. ENTRIES MUST BE FILLED OUT COMPLETELY AND LEGIBLY IN ORDER TO QUALIFY. SPONSORS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST, LATE, ILLEGIBLE, MISDIRECTED OR MUTILATED ENTRIES.
5. WECT TV6 presents the "Room Makeover" promotion sponsored by Ashley Furniture, Budget Blinds, BK Flooring, Benjamin Moore Paints, and Brinks Home Security. The promotion will run from Monday, May 10, 2004-Sunday, May 28, 2004. Viewers can submit photos of their living room and a reason why they deserve a makeover online or by mail. One winner will be chosen from a select panel of judges and announced on Carolina In The Morning on Monday, May 24, 2004. Winner will receive a living room makeover retail valued at $5,000 from the above sponsors. Ashley Furniture items (living room suite and accessories) retail value= $2,000. Budget Blinds items (window shades/blinds and installation) retail value= $750. BK Flooring items (carpeting and installation) retail value= $750. Benjamin Moore Paints retail value= $500. Brinks Home Security item (1 full year of home security and installation of the system) retail value= $1,000. Room Makeover segment will appear on Carolina In The Morning on Friday, May 28. Winner must own the property/residence. Winner must make their living room accessible to WECT and above sponsors from May 24, 2004-May 28, 2004.
6. WINNER(S) WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL TAXES INCURRED BY HIS/HER/THEIR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST.
7. PRIZE(S) MAY NOT BE EXCHANGED FOR CASH. NO SUBSTITUTION OF PRIZE(S) PERMITTED. WINNER(S) MAY NOT SELL OR TRANSFER ANY PRIZE(S).
8. WINNER(S) AGREE TO THE USE OF HIS/HER/THEIR NAME(S) AND LIKENESS(ES), WITHOUT ANY ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION, BY SPONSORS FOR PUBLICITY. BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, THE WINNER(S) ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WECT-TV, AND ALL OTHER SPONSORS AND VENUES HAVE THE RIGHT TO PUBLICIZE HIS/HER/THEIR NAME, VOICE AND LIKENESS, THE FACT THAT HE/SHE/THEY WON, AND ALL MATTERS INCIDENTAL THERETO.
9. UPON ACCEPTANCE OF THE PRIZE(S), WINNER(S) RELEASE SPONSORS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY REGARDING THE PRIZE(S).
10. DRIVER’S LICENSE OR OTHER APPROPRIATE PICTURE INDENTIFICATION IS REQUIRED TO CLAIM THE PRIZE(S). THE WINNER(S) AND ANY OTHER PERSONS NECESSARY WILL BE REQUIRED TO EXECUTE AND RETURN A RELEASE AND AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY AND W-9 FORM WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS OF DATE OF NOTIFICATION OR SUCH PRIZE WILL BE FORFEITED.
11. IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE, ALL DECISIONS MADE BY WECT-TV ARE FINAL AND BINDING.
CONTEST RULES ARE SUBJECT TO MODIFICATION BY WECT-TV PRIOR TO START OF CONTEST.
FOR A LIST OF THE WINNER(S), SEND A SASE TO WECT-TV.