WILMINGTON, NC (WSFX) – If you've got a summer meal to plan, this may be your week to stock up on some good buys.
We saved more than half off our grocery bills this week simply by using our store rewards cards, the sales and our coupons.
It's a good week to stock up on any post-Cinco de Mayo foods. If you think you'll make salsa, tacos, or fajitas in the next few weeks, then you'll want to check out these deals.
- Ortega Jalapenos, reg. 1.39, on sale .99-cents. We had a coupon for .50-cents off two. [1.98-.50-.50=.98-cents/2=.49-cents each] From Smart Source insert 4/15
- Barilla whole grain plus pasta, reg. 2.39, on sale 1.67. We had a coupon for .75-cents off two. [1.67 x 2 = 3.34 - .75 -.75 = 1.84 / 2 = .92-cents each] From Smart Source insert 4/22
- Smithfield smoked ham, reg. 9.71. We had a coupon for 2.00. From Smart Source insert 4/1 or 4/15
- Smithfield ham steak, reg. 2.99. We had a coupon for 2.00. = .99-cents each. From Smart Source insert 4/1 or 4/15
- Mission flour tortillas, reg. 2.99, on sale for 1.99. We had a coupon for 1.00 off. .99-cents each. From Smart Source insert 4/29
- Ortega fajita seasoning, reg. 1.15, on sale .80-cents. We had a coupon for .50-cents off two. [.80 x 20= 1.60 - .50 -.50 = .60 / 2 = .30-cents each] From Smart Source insert 4/15
- Friskies plus cat food, reg. 65-cents, on sale .50-cents. We had a coupon for .50-cents off 4. [.50 x 4 = 2.00 - .50 -.50 = 1.00 / 4 = .25-cents each] From Red Plum insert 3/18
- Pillsbury Cinnamon rolls, reg. 1.99, on sale 1.00. We had a coupon for .40-cents off two. [1.00 x 2 = 2.00 - .40 -.40 = 1.20 / 20= .60-cents each] From Smart Source insert 4/1.
- Sargento Natural Blends cheese, reg. 3.29, on sale 2.39 *clearance sale*. We had a coupon for .50-cents off. [2.39-.50-.50=1.39] From Smart Source insert 4/15
- Sargento Slices Ultra thin, reg. 3.29, on sale 2.50. We had a coupon for .50-cents off. [2.50-.50-.50=1.50] From Smart Source insert 4/1
- Hidden Valley Ranch, Farmhouse Originals seasoning mix, reg. 1.69, on sale 1.33. We had a coupon for .50-cents off. [1.33-.50-.50=.33-cents] From Smart Source insert, 4/22
Special thanks to Amanda from The Frugal Beach Bum who helped us find some of these deals this week.
Don't forget – Harris Teeter and Lowes Foods will both double coupons up to .99-cents, everyday. The stores will typically double up to 20 coupons a day.
**These deals are shared with the best intentions, so if you notice an error, please tell us. Also, if you have a great deal to share, pass it along to us! We'll give you credit when we spread the word. And remember, please shop ethically. Don't dumpster drive, don't copy coupons and don't clear shelves. If you play fair, then everyone wins.
Special thanks to all of our smart shoppers out there!